Start your test preparation today!
During the 2021-2022 school year, the PSAT and SAT will be administered on our Holy Cross campus and all students are encouraged to use the free resources below to prepare for test day. We encourage you to visit this page periodically for all testing updates.
10th & 11th grade testing: October 13, 2021
9th grade testing date: October 13, 2021
8th grade testing date: January 2022
TEST RESOURCES FOR PSAT/NMSQT & PSAT 8/9:
- PSAT 8/9--8th & 9th grade only
- PSAT/NMSQT Student Study Guide Fall 2020 --10th & 11th grade only
- PSAT Practice Test
- Kaplan Practice Test
12th grade testing date: October 13, 2021
11th grade testing date: March 23, 2022
TEST RESOURCES FOR SAT:
- SAT School Day Study Guide 2020-2021
- College Board SAT Practice
- Khan Academy SAT Test Prep
- Daily Practice SAT for your iPhone
- Daily Practice SAT for your Android
- Cafe College, a local non-profit organization that offers free SAT test prep workshops.
Note: Aside from the SAT, students are encouraged to consider taking the ACT which is an alternate test option used for college admission and scholarship consideration. While many colleges were "test-optional" for the 2020-2021 year due to COVID-19, meaning they are not requiring students to submit test scores as part of their admission application, we still recommend that students consider their options in order to maximize scholarship award offers. Contact Ms. Romero at email@example.com for more information about test fee waivers for the ACT and/or SAT not scheduled at Holy Cross.
Register here to take the ACT at your local testing center! Students are encouraged to take the ACT for the first time during the spring semester of their junior year.
- ACT Practice
- ACT Academy
- Cafe College, a local non-profit organization that offers free ACT test prep workshops.
Most colleges do not prefer one test over the other. In many cases, students may perform better on the ACT than SAT, or vice-versa. For an overview of the two tests, you can access this link: SAT vs. ACT: Which Test is Right for You?