Dear Holy Cross students,
My name is Melissa Romero and I am honored to serve as your Guidance Counselor at Holy Cross of San Antonio! Born and raised in San Antonio, Texas, I graduated from Providence Catholic High School and continued with my studies at St. Mary’s University where I received a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Language as well as a Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling. While earning my Master's Degree, I served as a Financial Aid Advisor in the Office of Financial Assistance at St. Mary's University and assisted students and parents through the financial aid application process for five years. I continued my professional career in higher education as the Associate Director in the Office of Admission for an additional five years where I worked directly with students who had interest in attending St. Mary's University and guided them through every step of the college application and enrollment process.
As your Counselor, my goal is to prepare you for a successful and mission-centered future through continued support and service in the areas of academic counseling, personal counseling, social emotional learning, and college preparation. For parents seeking counseling services for their child, please contact me at email@example.com or by phone at 210-433-9395. In addition to supporting students, I also serve as a resource for parents, alumni, teachers, and the administrators at Holy Cross. I encourage you to stop by the “Counselor’s Corner” section on our Holy Cross website to view the many tools and resources available that will prepare you for success in academics, college, career, and life.
During your time at Holy Cross, our Comprehensive Guidance Curriculum will focus on the following areas to help build a strong foundation for your future:
- Spiritual Domain- Developing a student's appreciation of oneself as a spiritual being, one's relationship with God, and reflection on how one's resultant religious values relate to issues of daily life.
- Academic/Educational Domain- Developing skills that enhance the student's ability to learn.
- Career/Occupational Domain- Developing a student's self-awareness, career awareness, and the decision-making process.
- Intrapersonal Domain- Enhancement of self-growth and personal awareness.
- Interpersonal/Social Domain- Enhancement of self-growth, as well as developing socially appropriate interactions and healthy relationships.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-433-9395.
I look forward to working with each of you this school year!
Ms. Melissa Romero
Holy Cross of San Antonio