Summer Academic Projects
It is that time of year again. Holy Cross is unveiling its Academic Summer Projects, formerly known as Summer Math and Summer Reading. This year we will be utilizing Apex to help our students hone skills that are needed for success in their next grade level and, for the upper grades, some SAT practice skills. You are probably asking yourself, so what do I have to do? The answer to this question is very simple, log on to Apex find the classes labeled Summer Math Project and Summer English Project and get started!
Here are some tips:
- TAKE THE PRETESTS!! These tests may shorten the amount of material that you will cover. If you score well on the pretest, the system may bypass some topics for you. This could cut the time you need to be on the program in half!!
- KNOW THE GAME, TO PLAY THE GAME!!! Practice is the name of any game. If you don't practice you will not be successful. So, in order to help you stay active with these projects, please know that your first grade in your math and English classes will be determined by the amount of progress and time you spend on these projects. So...
- TAKE YOUR TIME AND DON'T RUSH THROUGH!!! This is meant to help you. Only by taking your time will you get the most out of these projects.
- DO YOUR BEST!!!
We certainly want our students to enjoy their summer, but we realize that their skills must stay fresh as to help prepare them for the upcoming school year -- while still honing their skill sets for success on the PSAT and SAT. These projects will close on August 14th, so students may space out their work from now until that date. If you should have any questions about these projects or their intent, please don't hesitate to contact Mr. Vasquez here.
We continue to keep our entire community in our prayers and hope that you have a restful summer break.
- IF A STUDENT IS ENROLLED IN THE ENRICHMENT PROGRAM, THEN THEIR SUMMER PROJECT FOR THE RESPECTIVE CLASS WILL BE COMPLETED BY THE END OF THEIR STUDY.
- HONORS AND AP ENGLISH STUDENTS WERE SENT A SEPARATE EMAIL WITH THEIR SUMMER ENGLISH PROJECT ATTACHED. THEY WILL NOT FIND AN ENGLISH ENTRY ON APEX AS THE ATTACHMENT SERVES AS THEIR SUMMER ENGLISH PROJECT**